I made an event server

Talk about anything related to Sky Nations here!

I made an event server

Postby Sssuperguy » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:50 pm

Hey guys. I made an event server while I had some free time, and I honestly have no hope of being able to host it myself due to wifi and computer issues. That being said, I thought that the best way to let people enjoy it would be to put it out for public download. So if anyone out there has a group of friends and wants to have some fun, or even just wants to explore a cool little map, take this and do whatever you want with it!
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hrlemtl0feuzs6y/AAAL9BAYCiRVRKTeuJ6LPaCaa?dl=0
I very well might make more events if anyone is interested (or if I get bored again).

This event is called Lantern Gathering, which is essentially a PvP scavenger hunt, between two teams, for green lanterns. The setup instructions and event breakdown are all provided in a ReadMe file, so even if you have no experience in running a server, there are instructions which should provide enough info on how it all works. I would also like to extend special thanks to Aerion and everybody else who created the MoreBlocks mod, which this server uses.

I should also note that the server itself will still be named "Lantern Gathering (WIP)", but this can be changed in "Server Settings.xml" in the GameData folder. Just open the file in notepad and rename the server in the fourth line down. If anyone has any questions or issues, feel free to ask me.

Note- As SN is in ongoing development, the server files will periodically become outdated. If anyone needs instructions or assistance with updating the files for the current game version, just ask me.

I'm hoping that this will spark an interest in at least a few players, but my true purpose here was to kill some time and this map fulfilled it quite well. Have fun out there, everyone!
Last edited by Sssuperguy on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sssuperguy

Re: I made an event server

Postby Sssuperguy » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:02 am

I added a second event map to the link in the above post. This one is Blockade Run, my first attempt at making an event designed for an imbalance in teams. In this event, the larger red team must blockade a system from the blue team, which must then try to run through the system and destroy something on the other side. I'm not sure how this one will turn out in practice, but I am hoping that anyone who tries it out will still enjoy it.

As with the last event, there is a ReadMe file with all the necessary instructions for running the server and hosting a game. Thanks again to Aerion and all the contributors of the MoreBlocks mod. Everything should be all ready to go within the zip file, and feel free to ask me if there are any questions of if something doesn't work.

Have fun, everyone!
Sssuperguy

Return to General Discussion