FAQ

Talk about anything related to Sky Nations here!

FAQ

Postby MrBenjammin » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:14 pm

I'm moving the FAQ from the main site to here. It should be easier to add too this way and clutters up less of the navigation bar. Please check this out before posting questions, thanks!

Frequently Asked Questions
Can/Will you make the game free?
No. But you can play the demo for free.

My game crashes when it starts up what can I do?
Make sure you have installed the Required runtimes from the download page. If this does not sort the problem and you have a intergrated graphics card make sure you update your drivers. For further problems contact us. Make sure "%LocalAppData%/SkyNations/SkyNations.exe" is also added to any firewall or Antivirus you might have.

Will the price change?
Yes. The price will be raised as the game becomes more feature complete. People who have already bought game will not have to pay anything extra.

When will X feature be added?
Dates, timespans or any form of measurement are not given on updates. For the most part only information about the next update is given out.

Can I make videos of this game or stream it?
Yes, please do! I'm not looking for any part of your monetization. I'm not Nintendo.

How do I suggest an idea I have to you?
Post it on the forums in the suggestions so other people can add to it and I can easily keep track of it.

Who develops this game?
MrBenjammin develops this game on his own. Both programming and creating art. You can follow him on twitter.

How much is the game?
Check the buy page.

Will you make it so ships can dock on each other?
Possibly, however the collision cost of this may make it too slow and not viable to put in the game.

Will you add grappling hooks?
Maybe poe__. Maybe.

I'm having issues how do I contact support?
You can contact support here.

Will you add ramming?
Probably not. The way collision works doesn't always resolve to a single cube and doing so would make the performance of it significantly slower for the server.

What programming language does this use?
C#.

What game engine does this use?/Does this use Unity?
The game engine is my own written on top of XNA/Monogame framework.

This should be a Minecraft Mod.
Incorrect.

Who are ScratchyOrange6 and ItchyPear?
Fruits born of battle.

Will you add better tools/cannons?
Yes.

Can I help with x part of developing the game?
Thank you for your kind offer but no. If you'd like to help then please tell your friends about the game and go vote for it on greenlight.

Will there be modding?
Yes, I am planning on making a C# API for the server. You can also currently create your own texture packs
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Re: FAQ

Postby Explorer2306 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:43 am

I was wondering if there will be dedicated Australian or servers close enough to enjoy the game with a decent ping
Explorer2306

Postby MoffKalast » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:30 pm

Probably once the game gets well known, but untill then its a up to chance that some australian with a spare server will find the game and like it.

EDIT: I guess they did http://community.skynations.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=54
MoffKalast

Postby nikomaihurashi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:55 pm

What time today does it launch on STeam so I download it and play it from there off the bat???
nikomaihurashi

Postby MrBenjammin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:26 pm

Aiming for an hour or so before 8pm British Summer Time for existing users. :)
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Frostypaws » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:24 am

Was wondering why the game got so unpopular I only see at most 8 people. But at least we got Johnjohn

THX for developing this game and saying with with it Benjammin
Frostypaws

Postby Vuk Farkas » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:17 pm

Interesting fact this game was far more popular when it began, it was more complex building wise, game was plagues by bugs and glitches, altho Jammer (BenJammin) was present there constantly tutoring players, ya couldnt get from island to island without yer ship glitching in air... most regular activity server had was when Sky Sharks were raiding everyone on the server (altho i bet 90% of current players have no idea what i'm yammerin about) i made a scavenging nation that got stolen from me, and some peeps who were in my nation separated to make some police nation (so ya had 3 most known nations, one was a "police nation" doing everything "white" then my nations which was "gray" and Sky Sharks who just pretty much destroyed and robbed everything so they would be "black"). There were some smaller Trading and Mining nations that pretty much just copied the system from me. Then i noticed that the games popularity started plummeting when map system changed... biomes changed too... Tbh besides me and WildCatReactor i have hard time remembering any old players ( i purrrsonally havent been on in ages cause whenever i came online server had 0 population, not counting me)
Vuk Farkas

Postby IzolaHipp » Mon May 08, 2017 10:10 am

Is the project still alive?
Cause it would be sad and unfair if it has died.
Violent games don't make people violent, check it out here.
IzolaHipp

Postby Sssuperguy » Tue May 09, 2017 8:34 pm

No official word on that as far as I know. Last I heard from Ben's twitter page, he was taking a break from it with no indication of how long. I'd love to see it finished one day.
Sssuperguy

Return to General Discussion