Thoughts about MrB's proposed improvements

Talk about anything related to Sky Nations here!

Re: Thoughts about MrB's proposed improvements

Postby Micromil » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:09 am

I agree with SSsuper
The ship building from dirt removes the need to go searching for materials.
Super's idea about having ship components to be in the chests is an interesting and IMO good one.

Definately more thought needed with this area.
Maybe if building from base dirt/etc it costs heaps more (200-300%)
Whilst if you have ore and appropriate raw materials it cost 50-100% (after all iron ore usually makes 2 block of iron) - but more detail so each raw material provides benefits based on what is is made to
Wood makes 4 planks so if wood is in the chest and the ship was only 12 plank blocks (ignore thrusters and cores for now) it would be able to be made with 3 wood chunks.
So basically the ship manufacture is an extension of crafting just simplifies it.

With the system claim - there really needs to be more ideas about a drive for it.
"fast travel" gate option could become big drive to claim systems. Don't make the gate a gate as such, but maybe a 'link drive' beacon - can only jump in range of beacon if a drive is on ship.
Beacons can only function in your own nation claimed systems and have other limitations about how many can be active at any one time. Also they only allow jumping to the capital where it has a paired link beacon (linked via a code like the escape drives) then you can not just jump all over the map at your leisure.
It would be hard to exploit as claiming and holding systems would not be easy, especially far from your capital gate, especially if defences are being nerfed.
Make it that it only works if a certain number of systems are claimed in any area.
So it will only work if you have 3-4 adjacent systems this would mean it would not be a simple thing to do readily.

If the resources are not as valuable as you can print them from dirt I can't see a huge reason to leave your capital area unless you mine out all your stuff.
There needs to be a strong drive to leave the safety zones and encourage interactions with other player.

Again some quick thoughts...
Look forward to whatever develops
Micromil

Re: Thoughts about MrB's proposed improvements

Postby jemmy » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Micromil wrote:I agree with SSsuper
The ship building from dirt removes the need to go searching for materials.
Super's idea about having ship components to be in the chests is an interesting and IMO good one.

Definately more thought needed with this area.
Maybe if building from base dirt/etc it costs heaps more (200-300%)
Whilst if you have ore and appropriate raw materials it cost 50-100% (after all iron ore usually makes 2 block of iron) - but more detail so each raw material provides benefits based on what is is made to
Wood makes 4 planks so if wood is in the chest and the ship was only 12 plank blocks (ignore thrusters and cores for now) it would be able to be made with 3 wood chunks.
So basically the ship manufacture is an extension of crafting just simplifies it.

With the system claim - there really needs to be more ideas about a drive for it.
"fast travel" gate option could become big drive to claim systems. Don't make the gate a gate as such, but maybe a 'link drive' beacon - can only jump in range of beacon if a drive is on ship.
Beacons can only function in your own nation claimed systems and have other limitations about how many can be active at any one time. Also they only allow jumping to the capital where it has a paired link beacon (linked via a code like the escape drives) then you can not just jump all over the map at your leisure.
It would be hard to exploit as claiming and holding systems would not be easy, especially far from your capital gate, especially if defences are being nerfed.
Make it that it only works if a certain number of systems are claimed in any area.
So it will only work if you have 3-4 adjacent systems this would mean it would not be a simple thing to do readily.

If the resources are not as valuable as you can print them from dirt I can't see a huge reason to leave your capital area unless you mine out all your stuff.
There needs to be a strong drive to leave the safety zones and encourage interactions with other player.

Again some quick thoughts...
Look forward to whatever develops
I second it.
jemmy

Previous

Return to General Discussion