Having a litte trouble hosing a server

Got a problem? Ask for help here.

Having a litte trouble hosing a server

Postby Clutchizzle » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:12 am

Decided to play again after taking a bit of a hiatus, only to find out the dedicated server for .92 doesn't seem to like me very much.

Upon joining my dedicated server, this happens:

Code: Select all
Application: DedicatedServer.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.OverflowException
Stack:
   at GameServer.World.Systems.BiomeManager.LoadSystem(UInt32, DeserializedBiomeSystem ByRef)
   at GameServer.World.Systems.BiomeManager.LoadingWorker()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Its almost like the sector is corrupted but it was made fresh...numerous times. (Note: I can join the community servers just fine)
Clutchizzle

Re: Having a litte trouble hosing a server

Postby MrBenjammin » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:45 pm

Hey, that's super strange. Seems like it can't read the data correctly from a System in the map. It definitely works locally for me and on the Community Servers. So it's a little hard to tell what's going wrong here. How many systems do you have and are you working off an old map? This is definitely a freshly generated map as you posted?
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Clutchizzle » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:07 pm

MrBenjammin wrote:Hey, that's super strange. Seems like it can't read the data correctly from a System in the map. It definitely works locally for me and on the Community Servers. So it's a little hard to tell what's going wrong here. How many systems do you have and are you working off an old map? This is definitely a freshly generated map as you posted?

Yes it is a completely fresh server, the last time I played I think the "lasers" had just come out. Since then I took a hiatus. When I decided to come back again I deleted the old server folder entirely and made a .92 one, I messed with it for a few hours setting up different maps using a different seed/numbers of sectors etc. But all with the same result that error.

I was finally able to get a server running but I had to download a .911 server and swap the client over to generate the map and a capital. After which I reloaded the .92 server files and it works just fine...but any more capitals that are generated (under the .92 server) cause the server to crash with the above error.

Since it worked after I generated the map with the .911 it would seem that there is something off with the map generation in .92, If it would help you, I could generate two maps one on .911 and one on .92 and send you the .dat files to see if anything can be garnered from them.

EDIT:
This download contains a 20 sector map generated with the same settings for both a .911 and a .92 world. Hopefully this helps in figuring out why my computer must be a special snowflake and not want to generate a .92 map properly =P
It contains two gamedata folders, both tagged with "_version#" to denote the version they where generated with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cne7n9isl2xgq ... a.rar?dl=0

No capital gates where generated with either map.
Both maps where generated on a Windows 7 64Bit machine.
Last edited by Clutchizzle on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clutchizzle

Postby MrBenjammin » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:32 pm

I've just reuploaded the files, can you try again by redownloading the files? I believe some of the files were older or corrupted in it.
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Clutchizzle » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:38 pm

Generating a map now with the redownloaded files.

EDIT:
Yup that was it, it's working fine now.

EDIT2:
Yay now the, "generate capital gate" question works correctly
Last edited by Clutchizzle on Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clutchizzle

Postby MrBenjammin » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:41 pm

Great, and thanks for testing it. Sorry about the inconvenience!
Developer of Sky Nations
@MrBenjammmin
MrBenjammin
Site Admin

Postby Clutchizzle » Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:46 pm

MrBenjammin wrote:Great, and thanks for testing it. Sorry about the inconvenience!

No worries, I program as a hobby....i've done worse things =P
Clutchizzle

Return to Support