Ships now fully stop when ramming into objects, by this I mean their thrust is automatically set to 0. This makes much easier to maneuver when docking or colliding with something instead of having to manually power down your thrusters via braking which leaves you stuck against the obstacle for a short amount of time. To see a full list of changes and fixes see the change log below.
How do I update?
The client will be automatically updated via the launcher or Steam. You can download the server files here. They will be available shortly. Make sure you backup existing server files before overwriting them with the new ones.
- Added Jump Relay schematic allowing new jump drives to jump to claimed areas when buiilt in them.
- Added Relay Jump Drive which can be used to jump to systems with Jump Relays in(not capitals). Will not work with cargo container schematics on the ship.
- Polling for the culling is now much faster. Very fast rotation should no longer mean you see chunks switching non-visible to visible.
- Players now have a command /unbound to unbind from spawns.
- Cores now drop their own item rather than reverting to Burntout Cores.
- When colliding with a land mass or other ships, ships now lose their speed rather than pressing against the object making it difficult to maneuver out of collisions.
- Optimized vertex memory usage greatly. Vertices are most of the memory usage, so game should use 30%+ less memory in very densely populated places.
- Updated energy core descriptions and prices.
- Fixed a client crash caused by destination/next system missing when route is set.
- Fixed a crash when drawing markers in a very specific situation.
- Fixed a crash on viewing actor preview caused by very specific timing when loading into a server.
- Fixed a crash due to missing block definitions in player collision when player edits tiles.
- Fixed a crash when trying to deposit fuel before character has properly loaded.
- Fixed a crash caused by entering an invalid port number when using direct connect.
- Fixed an underflow on withdrawing from Refineries.
- Fixed item price recouping from underflowing some item prices if the server is live for a very long time.
- Fixed Mining Syphons working in Capitals.
- Fixed a crash caused debug hot keys that should be disabled.